New? Start Here
👋 Hi there and welcome! On this blog, I write broadly about things that I think would be of interest to my field and/or my peers. Below is a sampling of some of my frequent topics.
If you’re interested in advice related to the PhD program, see the following posts:
- Should You Get a PhD?
- Applying to Internships as a PhD Student
- and check out the tags #prospective-phd and #phd
I also like to write tutorials and guides on things I’m learning, such as:
- Writing an R Package
- Submitting Parallel Jobs on a Cluster
- random ggplot2 tips like how to arrange bar plots by length and point shape options
- and other posts under the coding category
For data science projects I’ve done for fun, check out:
- Probability of Winning an NBA Game
- What is the Effect of Increasing Voter Turnout?
- and other posts under the project category
Or if you are just browsing, feel free to head over to the main page or archive and see if any titles interest you.